Yesterday, while figuring out what to make for dinner, I sort of made up my own recipe for Taco Meatloaf. I had no idea it was actually a thing until after I’d already made it and googled. My recipe isn’t so far off from the others I found, but I was smart enough to write down how I did it while I was cooking. Here is my recipe:
2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup mild salsa
diced green pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
dash of pepper
2 packets taco seasoning
31 (or about) smashed saltines (but you can use whatever you usually do)
several slices of cheese, shredded cheese, or whatever cheeses you like (or a combination of)
- Beat eggs together. Add salsa, ketchup, diced onion, green pepper, taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Add crackers (or whatever you use) and mix.
- Add thawed ground beef. Mix well by hand.
- In a large baking dish, shape mixture into a loaf.
- Bake on 350 until done (about an hour or so).
- Remove from oven. If you use cheese slices, fold them into triangles, tear apart, and arrange over the loaf. If you use shredded cheese, cover the loaf in shredded cheese. Pretty self explanatory lol.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven again, cut, serve.
SERVE WITH– Salsa, extra cheese, sour cream soft taco shells (can be made into a neat sandwich), refried beans.
**Also, you can add pepperoni, olives, extra onions, or anything you would eat with tacos.**