An oldie, but a goodie. Originally a popular depression era cake, now converted for the Zpoc lol. Makes one 8 or 9 inch cake, but can be doubled for a regular 9X13.
1 1/2 C. self rising flour (for all purpose flour, add 1/2 tsp. baking soda)
1 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp white vinegar
5 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your pan(s)
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add cocoa if you’re making a chocolate cake (about 3 tbsp).
- Make three depressions in the mix. In one little depression, add vinegar, in another add vanilla, and in another add vegetable oil.
- Pour water over all of it.
- Mix it together, beat well, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
Easy Three Egg Frosting (though probably not the easiest during a zpoc unless you have eggs):
3 egg whites
1/8 tbsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
a dash of vanilla extract or any other flavored extract.
*Mix all this stuff up and then beat the snot out of it with a mixer until stiff peaks form. It’s almost like marshmallow cream, but will usually be thicker, depending on how long you mix it. But, it’s really awesome in a pinch and great for birthday cakes!