In celebrating that THE DEMON KING’s long awaited sequel has been picked up by KnightWatch Press, I thought some of us could use a quick brushing up about our much loved and much hated king of the underworld…So, here you go. Ten whole factoids.
2. The first fact on this list will become quite evident in the sequel.
3. I wrote many, many scenes of the first book as a way to work out my own nightmares and fears.
4. The king’s birds will play a bigger role in the second book.
5. The Demon King was originally written with the intention of the story being an erotica novel. But, it took on a life of its own.
6. There will be new characters in the second book.
7. The second book still has no title. I’m working on that. I’m not good with titles. I could write ten books before I could come up with a decent title. I usually have help titling stories.
8. One of my favorite characters from the first book, Thrack, was modeled to look like Michael Clark Duncan (RIP, MCD).
9. A character from my Immortal books will make an appearance in The Demon King’s sequel. In the Immortal books, Lilleth was my bad guy. In The Demon King’s sequel, she’s just the girl next door. Though she’s the same person, she is perceived as quite evil in the mortal realm, but once you put her in the Underworld, where she’s known Draken his entire life, she’s nothing out of the ordinary. Well, maybe a little out of the ordinary. As a matter of fact, the king will be giving her quite the honorable title. I won’t tell you what that title is, though. Spoilers!
10. The second Demon King book will be longer than the first. Yup. You asked, I’m delivering. You’re welcome.